Just like when the kids were little, you need lots of geometric blocks to build something cool. The GO! Value Die has the building blocks for amazing quilts. This die precisely cuts three different shapes of squares and triangles. Use them to create 4-Patch, 9-Patch, stars, pinwheels, borders and more. Makes perfect cuts seem like child's play. Tip: The GO! Value Die is included in the GO! Fabric Cutter Starter Set (55100S). Start your next fabric project with The GO! Value Die (6 x 12)!
Die Specifications for the GO! Triangles in Square Die - 3" Finished Square:
- Weight in lbs.: 1.21
- Cut Size:
- Two 2 1/2"W x 2 1/2"W (6.4 cm x 6.4 cm) triangles
- One 2 1/2"W x 2 1/2"W (6.4 cm x 6.4 cm) small square
- One 4 1/2"W x 4 1/2"H (11.4 cm x 11.4 cm) large square
- Finished Size: Two 2"W x 2"W (6.4 cm x 6.4 cm) triangles, one 2"W x 2"W (6.4 cm x 6.4 cm) square, and one 4"W x 4"H (11.4 cm x 11.4 cm) square
- Die Board Size: 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)
- Coordinates with:
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 6" Block
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 8" Block
- GO! Qube Mix & Match 12" Block
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 55204
How to Die Cut Value Die Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- 4 1/2" Square: Cut 5" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5" widths. Cut eight squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 squares.
- 2 1/2" Square: Cut 3" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 3" widths. Cut 13 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 156 squares.
- 2" Finished Half Square Triangles: Cut 4 1/4" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 3" widths. Cut 26 half square triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 208 half square triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Value Die:
- Quilters love the GO! Value Die shapes because 4" and 2" finished squares and 2" finished half square triangles are included in thousands of 6", 8" and 12" block patterns.
- The 4 1/2" and 2 1/2" squares are the perfect size to cut your own squares with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- No templates! No measuring! The GO! Value Die cuts one 4 1/2" square, one 2 1/2" square and two 2" finished half square triangles. Combine squares and half-square triangles for 4-patch and 9-patch blocks, stars, pinwheels, borders and more.
- GO! Value Die shapes include 1/4" seam allowances on all shapes and specialized dog-ears on the half square triangles for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making the GO! Value Die a great beginner die for learning how to use the GO! fabric cutting system.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads are available to get you started.
- Charm Square-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
* To conserve fabric, cover the only shape you want to cut - not the entire board. For asymmetrical shapes, place the fabric pattern side up if you want the shape to look exactly like the shape on the die. Place fabric side down if you want the shape to be a mirror image of the shape on the die.
Care & Maintenance:
Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads embedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
|The GO! Value Die (6 x 12) can add a unique design to your next quilting project. Just apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer's instructions, before cutting fusible applique.||Cut more shapes in less time! The number of layers you can cut is determined by the overall thickness and type of fabric you are using. Always start with fewer layers and increase as you go. Fusible web is considered to be one-half layer of fabric.||Cut up to four layers of 100% cotton with fusible web. To clean the die, use an adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads embedded between blades and foam.|
Help & Guides
- How to Download Quilt Patterns
- Why You Need a Fabric Cutter
- Fabric Cutter Comparison Chart
- Cutting Tips for GO! Dies
- GO! Die & Cutter Compatibility Chart
- Find Dies For Your Patterns
- How Much Fabric You Need
- Free Patterns
Fabric Cutter User Guides
- GO! Me User Guide
- GO! Fabric Cutter User Guide
- GO! Big Electric User Guide
- Studio Fabric Cutter User Guide
|Package Dimensions||16.26 x 35.18 x 1.27 cm (WxHxD)|
|Product Weight||0.549 kg|
|Shipping Weight||~0.800 kg|
|Compatibility||GO!, GO! Me, GO! Baby, GO! Big, Studio|