You may return most new, unused and unopened items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund in its original packaging. If 7 days have gone by since you received your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Ensure your item(s) have all original tags and packaging. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of the original shipping will be deducted from your refund. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. However, we will pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (e.g. you received an incorrect or defective item). *Please note: If COD charges are incurred when we receive your returned item, the COD cost will be deducted from your refund.
Ship Returns to:
Red Deer Sewing Centre
115-2004 50 Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta T4R 3A2
Phone number: 403-346-2597
There are certain situations where only partial refunds may be granted (if applicable)
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 7 days after delivery
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (1 to 3 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please Contact Us.
- All fabric and pattern sales are final.
We only replace/exchange items if they are defective or damaged within 7 days of delivery. If you need to exchange it for the same item, please Contact Us. In some cases store credit may be provided. If you are hoping to exchange an item please note that in your correspondence.
Free shipping applies to orders $100+ and all sewing machines with some exceptions:
- Oversized items (i.e. very large, heavy and/or multiple box products - these items have fixed shipping costs, of which notice of exclusion is on the product page)
- Shipping machines to very remote areas of Canada (i.e. some remote postal codes for each province, e.g. remote Quebec - shipping machines to certain postal codes is cost-prohibitive as shipping rates are a significant portion, up to 1/3 of the price for a average sewing machine)*
*Remote Postal Code Free Shipping Thresholds
- Remote AB: $300
- Remote BC: $300
- Remote QC: No free shipping
We currently only ship within Canada. Note that there are restrictions on some products; some products cannot be shipped and can be picked up.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page. These shipping times are estimates - during holiday periods or adverse weather the shipping times may be more than stated.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up.
All packages are shipped within 72 hours of purchase, Monday through Friday.
Most shipments are through Canada Post, and occasionally FedEx or Purolator.
Canada Post Shipping Options
- Regular/Expedited Parcel - 2-12 business days (excl. northern & remote areas)
- Xpresspost Parcel - 2-4 business days (excl. northern & remote areas)
- Priority Parcel - 2-4 business days (excl. northern & remote areas)
FedEx Shipping Options
- FedEx Ground® - Delivered by End of a Day in 1-7 business days
- FedEx Priority Overnight® - Delivered by 12pm Next Business Day to most metropolitan areas, 2 to 3 business days to other areas
- FedEx First Overnight® - Delivered by 10am Next Business Day
- FedEx 2Day® - Delivered by 8pm in 1-2 Business Days to residences in most metropolitan areas
- FedEx Standard Overnight® - Delivered by 8pm Next Business Day to residences, in most metropolitan areas, 2 to 3 business days to other areas
PRICE ADJUSTMENTS + CODES
On occasion we run sales and gift with purchase promotions. Because our sales are temporary, and not a permanent price change, we are unable to honour any price adjustments. Coupon codes must be entered at time of purchase, no price adjustments will be made if a code is not entered at the time of purchase. Our last chance items are FINAL SALE and no price adjustments can be made.