The Janome 4mm Hemmer Foot for 9mm Machines is used for making rolled edges on light to medium weight fabrics. The channel guide holds the rolled fabric and allows for a straighter hem. The hemming (hemming) foot will allow us to provide a nice, aesthetic finish to dresses, skirts, blouses, shirts, bedding, tablecloths, table runners and curtains. It is designed for sewing light and medium thickness fabrics. Before hemming, fold the edge of the fabric twice to a width of 4 mm and it is good to press it to a length of approx. 3 cm. Then, when sewing, it is enough to guide the fabric evenly, because the guide on the foot will make a perfectly even fold of the fabric itself. The width of the hem after stitching is 4 mm.
The presser foot is designed with a groove at the top and a straight groove at the bottom to adjust the hem.
Presser Foot Shank Type: Snap-On
Presser Foot Type: Rolled Hem Foot
This accessory will fit on Janome machines in Category D-1 & D-2: Top loading machines (9mm max stitch width - high shank)
Which Category feet does my machine take? A-1, A-2, B, C-1, C-2, D-1 or D-2?
To understand whether your machine is low shank or high shank, view the Presser Foot Guide here.
Guaranteed to fit Janome Sewing Machine Models:
MC12000, MC14000, MC15000, MC15000V3, Horizon - MC8900QCP, MC8200QCP, MC8200 QC, MC8200QCP SE, MC9900, MC9400QCP, MC9450QCP, MC6700P, Continental M7 Professional (CM7P), Atelier 7, Atelier 9, Skyline S5, Atelier 5, Skyline S6, Skyline S7, Skyline S9, MC6650, Memory Craft 9850, Memory Craft 9900
Guaranteed to fit Elna Sewing Machine Models:
eXcellence 680+ (Skyline S5 equivalent), eXcellence 720PRO (MC6700P equivalent), eXcellence 730 (MC8200QCP equivalent), eXcellence 730PRO (MC8200QCP equivalent), eXcellence 760 (MC8900QCP equivalent), eXcellence 760PRO (MC8900QCP equivalent), eXcellence 780+ (9400QCP equivalent), eXpressive 860 (MC9900 equivalent), eXpressive 900 (MC12000 equivalent), eXpressive 920 (MC14000 equivalent)
What settings do rolled hemming on my sewing machine?:
- Stitch: Straight stitch (Centre needle position)
- Thread tension: 3 – 6 or “Auto”
- Stitch length: Any
- Stitch width: 0
How do I sew a rolled hem on my sewing machine?:
- Select a lightweight fabric.
- Clip the Janome Rolled Hem Foot onto your machine
- Align the hem edge of the fabric with the guide on the front of the foot.
- With a long thread tail, sew a couple of stitches into the fabric with the presser foot down (to late use as a guide).
- Insert the folded portion of the fabric into the curl of the foot.
- Lower the foot and sew while guiding the fabric from the back and front to ensure even and smooth feeding
- Tips and Tricks: Use a liquid fabric starch (like Mary Ellen’s Best Press) on the edge of your fabric for easier rolling
|Alternate Part Numbers||202081203|
|Product Dimensions||1.60 x 3.50 x 0.70 cm (WxHxD)|
|Product Weight||0.015 kg|
|Package Dimensions||6.50 x 15.00 x 2.10 cm (WxHxD)|
|Package Weight||0.023 kg|
|Shipping Weight||~0.100 kg|