The binder foot is used to apply pre-folded bias binding tape or bias tape you have cut yourself to the edge of fabric in one easy step - it allows you to easily attach binding. You can use pre-folded bias binding tape, or bias tape you’ve made yourself. It is equipped with a small funnel to fold and guide the binding over the fabric edge before it reaches the needle and can be used with either zigzag or decorative stitches as well as straight stitch. 10 mm to 14 mm bias tape can be used.
- Start by cutting the end of the binding at a 45° angle.
- Then, attach thread tails to the point, to assist you in feeding the binding through the foot.
- Insert the point into the largest slot at the end of the funnel. Using the thread tails, pull the binding through the funnel until about 2” of it is behind the foot.
- Snap the foot onto the machine. On the touch-screen, choose a straight stitch and adjust the needle position as desired.
- As you start sewing, guide the fabric to keep it in the funnel, and guide the binding tape through the slot. And now you’re ready to add binding to any project!
This accessory will fit on Janome machines in Category D-1 & D-2: Top loading machines (9mm max stitch width - high shank)
To understand whether your machine is low shank or high shank, view the Presser Foot Guide here.
Guaranteed to fit Janome Sewing Machine Models:
MC12000, MC14000, MC15000, MC15000V3, Horizon - MC8900QCP, MC8900QCP SE, MC8200QCP SE, MC8200 QC, MC9400QCP, MC9450QCP, MC6700P, Continental M7 Professional (CM7P), Atelier 7, Atelier 9, Skyline S6, Skyline S7, Skyline S9, Skyline S5, Memory Craft 6650, Memory Craft 9850, Memory Craft 9900, Atelier 5
Guaranteed to fit Elna Sewing Machine Models:
eXcellence 680+ (Skyline S5 equivalent), eXpressive 860 (MC9900 equivalent), 720PRO (MC6700P equivalent), eXcellence 730 (MC8200QC equivalent), eXcellence 730PRO (MC8200QCP SE equivalent), eXcellence 760 (MC8900QCP equivalent), eXcellence 760PRO (MC8900QCP SE equivalent), eXcellence 780 (9400QCP equivalent), eXcellence 780+ (9450QCP equivalent), eXpressive 900 (MC12000 equivalent), eXpressive 920 (MC14000 equivalent)
WHAT SETTINGS DO I NEED TO USE FOR BINDING ON MY MACHINE?
Stitch: Straight Stitch (Center needle position)
Thread Tension: “Auto” or 3 – 5
Stitch Length: 1 – 3
Stitch Width: 0
HOW TO BIND WITH PREFABRICATED BINDING TAPES:
- Cut the end of the tape diagonally, and insert it into the binder foot.
- Push out the end toward the needle hole of the foot with a needle or a stiletto.
- Insert the edge of the cloth into the opening of the guide.
- Sew slowly, guiding the edge of the cloth with your middle finger on the finger rest and, while guiding the binding tape through the conical tape guide correctly with your right hand.
|Alternate Item Numbers|
|Product Dimensions||3.00 x 5.00 x 0.99 cm|
|Product Weight||0.030 kg|
|Package Dimensions||9.98 x 15.98 x 1.52 cm (WxHxD)|
|Package Weight||0.110 kg|
|Shipping Weight||~0.200 kg|