Call the store (403) 346-2597 or register online to reserve a seat now, there are a limited number of seats! This class will be offered in-store & is open to anyone of any gender, orientation, or race that wishes to learn. Note, there are 2 classes (i.e. a repeat class - participants only need to attend one of the two classes).
Join Wendy for this exciting stress-free class and learn how to do your own free motion quilting. You will learn sixteen different patterns and Wendy will show you some bonus tips as well. This is a samples class and you will be amazed at what you can do by the end of the class. What will be covered includes needles, threads, batting, gloves, and handouts to always have to refer back to. Do not miss your opportunity to take this class. You can save by quilting your own quilts.
Date: September 24, 2021
Cost: $65 plus the supply list
This is a sample technique class on free motion quilting. Being able to have several options to quilt your own quilt will be taught in this class. Doing it yourself saves you a huge amount of money and makes it more special. There are other options than just stitching in the ditch or using straight lines, when sewing free motion. Numerous tips, styles, and options will be covered and practiced in this class. Wendy will demonstrate some of her tricks as well.
This is a course for beginners and a refresher for experienced quilters as well. We will cover needles, threads, battings, and much more. This is a no-stress type of class with clear instructions.
Supply List (students should bring):
- Bring 10-15 sandwiched, approx. 15” x 15”, pieces for practicing on. Use your leftover batting. I recommend you use white or cream plain cotton fabric or if colored plain but bring thread contrasting so you can see what you are doing. Sandwich is cotton fabric, layer of cotton mix batting and cotton fabric on top. Hold together by quilting safety pins on four corners or use 505 spray or similar.
- Sewing machine: cleaned, oiled, and serviced recently, sewing bed extension recommended, screwdriver to attach feet if necessary, NOTE: (Must be able to drop your feed dogs or you cannot do this class!) Please be familiar with your sewing machine. I am familiar with Janome and Bernina only.
- Bring machine manual. Please be familiar with your machine prior to class.
- Extension cords, power bar
- Attachments: Darning foot or free motion quilting foot
- Basic Sewing Kit: scissors, stitch ripper, straight pins, safety pins
- Fabric markers: Quilters pencil or washable markers
- Kwip Klip (Wendy will demonstrate its use for sandwiching only). The store also sells them.
- Pen, pencil, and white plain paper (10-15 sheets)
- Quilt ruler for drawing lines
- Machine quilting needles: Topstitch 90/14 or Janome purple needles (bring what you have)
- Quilting gloves or grips
- Thread: 100% cotton. Pre-wind at least 3 bobbins
- Be on time, relax, and bring all your energy for a fun and exciting day!!!
This class will be offered separately on Sept 24 or Oct 16. Pick one date.