Beginner Sewing Class Part 1 - Non-garment project-based learning
2-session class (3 hours x 2 sessions)
The Beginner Sewing Part 1 (non-garment) class is one of the beginning foundations of your new sewing adventure. You will receive information to help you get comfortable with your sewing machine and gain fundamental skills, knowledge, and practice using it.
· Review sewing machine features (parts and function)
· Different types of sewing machine needles and their applications
· Help you get more familiar with your machine and discover the potential applications while creating a stitch chart on fabric, for future reference (fabric provided)
· Review how to thread your machine, wind your bobbin & insert your bobbin into the machine
· Learn how to sew a straight seam as well as some other utility stitches and their applications
· Making buttonhole
· Understand the composition of fabric (fabric direction and directional fabric) in relation to cutting and sewing
· Discuss measuring, marking, cutting, and pressing tools and the importance of ironing.
A kit to make a drawstring pouch which you could use to store some of your sewing tools is included in the class fee. A supply list for other class requirements will be provided upon registration.
Note: There are 2 identical sessions on the calendar, you only need to purchase/sign up for one of them to enroll in the class.